was stand im brief von amundsen an den norwegischen König?

2 Antworten

Vom Beitragsersteller als hilfreich ausgezeichnet

Das war in der Tat nicht einfach zu finden :-)

(http://www.timbowden.com.au/2012/02/16/amundsen-centenary-celebrations-1/)

HAVARD TOMMERAS’ TRANSLATION OF THE LETTER WRITTEN TO KING HAAKON OF NORWAY BY ROALD AMUNDSEN AT THE SOUTH POLE ON 15 DECEMBER 1911

Your Majesty

Hereby I allow myself to communicate that 5 men from the Fram expedition, among them myself, came here to the South Pole area yesterday the 14th of December, according to observations 89 57 30 southern latitude. We had a successful sledge ride from our winter base camp Framheim. We left this one on the 20 of October with 4 sledges, 52 dogs and food for 4 months. We have on our way passed the great Ross barrier extension southwards – ca.86 southern latitude – and King Edward Land and Victoria Land association on the same place. Victoria land stops here and King Edwards Land continues in the southwest direction until ca.87 southern latitude with an impressing mountain range that has peaks of ca. 22 000 feet. I have allowed myself with your permission to call these mountain ranges Queen Mauds ranges.

At 88 southern latitude the great glaciers went over to be at flat plateau and at 89 southern latitude this started to lean slightly downwards. The plateau is about 10 750 feet.

We have today with a radius of 8 km marked the geographic South Pole. We have hoisted the Norwegian flag and called this part of the plateau for King Haakons Plateau. I hope the king gives his permission to this.

We start the return trip tomorrow with 2 sledges, 16 dogs and well-equipped with provisions.

Respectfully

Roald Amundsen

mineralixx  15.06.2013, 16:27

Der Brief ist im Original aber in Norwegisch geschrieben.

DonDeSilva  16.06.2013, 13:31
@mineralixx

Darum hatte ich das hochaufgelöste Faksimile noch dazugefügt. Du kannst das gerne mal nach deutsch übersetzen; m.W. hat das bisher noch niemand gemacht :-)

Es steht ja auch nicht wirklich irgendwas Interessantes da drin...

"Erlaube mir, Eure Majestät zu informieren, dass fünf Mann der Fram-Expedition, mich selbst eingeschlossen, nach einer erfolgreichen Schlittenfahrt gestern den Südpol erreicht haben", schrieb Amundsen am 15. Dezember 1911 an König Haakon. Er hinterließ das Papier in seinem Zelt. "Der nächste Mann hier wird es heimbringen." Beim toten Robert Scott fand man später den Brief.

Quelle: http://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/inhalt.antarktis-expedition-roald-amundsen-hat-kultstatus.f6002cf1-d0e1-43c3-a515-7410a7ab0610.html

andreasolar  09.06.2013, 06:53

Mehr in deutscher Übersetzung habe ich nicht gefunden.

DonDeSilva  09.06.2013, 11:07
@andreasolar

Ist auch nur eine knappe Zusammenfassung, keine "Übersetzung" - wie Journalisten eben so sind :-)

Amundsen war Wissenschaftler und schrieb: "das Areal um den Südpol (King Haakon's Plateau)". Seine Ortsbestimmung war nach damaligen Begriffen sehr präzise (ich glaube 600 m). Sie liefen den ganzen Bereich ab und hinterließen hier und da Kulturmüll, damit nicht später noch jemand kommen konnte und sagen. "Aber der Südpol ist doch HIER und nicht DA!"